Hands For Life is committed to training residents of Stamford and Fairfield County in Hands-Only CPR and in the use of Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs), at the same time increasing access to AEDs.
The goal is to make Stamford and neighboring towns the safest communities for cardiac arrest in Connecticut. This effort will also include education about heart disease and will improve the understanding of risk factors in order to enhance the overall health of our local community.
- Each year 359,400 Americans suffer sudden cardiac arrest
- Each year 325,257 Americans die from sudden cardiac arrest
- Equivalent loss of life: 4 Boeing 747 aircrafts crashing & killing everyone on board each day of the year!
- Less than one in four receives CPR from a bystander, and only about 7 percent of cardiac arrest victims survive
- Survival rates fall 10 percent each minute without CPR before emergency medical assistance
To date we have trained over 20,000 people in Stamford, Darien, New Canaan in how to perform compression only ("Hands Only") CPR and use of automatic external defibrillators. This life saving technique is easy to learn and easy to perform, but most important, it can help save a life.